Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Narrow escape for occupants of the bus that a container fell on

Yesterday, Gwen Stafani’s song “Sweet escape” came to mind after a container fell on a bus in Ilasamaja, Mushin, Lagos. The driver, Sunday Eneche and his motor boy jumped out of the bus before it was crushed by the container. They’re on their way to deliver bread to customers in Ojota, Lagos.
The driver said: “There was no way I could overtake the trailer because I noticed he was trying to avoid a pothole. I waited for the trailer to move forward. When I saw that the back tyre was trapped in the pothole, myself and the motor boy jumped out of the bus because it almost fell.”
Although it was initially thought that people were trapped inside, an eyewitness, Ismail, described Eneche as lucky. He said: “The driver was rolling on the floor thanking God for saving his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment