Monday, November 30, 2015

Man arrested for selling bars of soap as phones reveals how he does it



On Saturday, 54-year-old man, Michael Bisa, was apprehended for selling bars of soap as phones at Oshodi, Lagos. The police recovered bars of soap, shirts, some amount of money and envelopes from him. On how he operates, he said, “What I do is called exchange. The buyer would be shown a real phone.
But while we discuss the price, I’d hide the phone in a white handkerchief and swap it with a bar of soap which I had already cut to size and put in a phone case. As soon as they leave the spot, I would change my clothes so that the buyer would not recognise me again. My late friend, Hakeem Tijani, introduced me to the job about 4 years ago.
I was a refrigerator technician in Delta State. I came to Lagos to look for greener pastures about 15 years ago. When the situation got so hard for me, Tijani taught me the job. Since that time, I have been surviving this way.”

No comments:

Post a Comment