Saturday, September 19, 2015

I’ll never forgive him, 14-year-old girl, violently raped by an okada man, vows


The girl lost her virginity, which she said she had been doing all she could to keep until she was married, after being violently raped by an okada rider, Sharafa Wasiu, who took her home from her aunty’s shop. Recounting how
it happened, she said, “That Saturday, I stopped a bike from the front of our shop to take me home.
When we got home, he dropped me in front of the house and I went in, not knowing he was still lurking around. When I was in the room, I heard the sound of the door and I asked who was there. I didn’t hear anything, so I went to check. The next thing I saw was the okada man. Immediately, he pushed me to the floor with so much force.
He overpowered and raped me. Apart from the pain from the forceful entry and the terrible smell oozing out of his body, he was rubbing my body against the floor, inflicting serious injuries on my body. I kept shouting but nobody heard me because I was the only one at home. When he finished, I pushed him away, pulled up my skirt and ran to the door to escape.
I barely opened the door when he suddenly ran after me, pushed me and pinned me to the floor. I was gasping but he tore all my clothes, leaving me stark naked. He dragged me on the floor, trying to take me inside so he could rape me again. By that time, blood was all over my body. I kept shouting but there was no one to rescue me. As he was trying to remove his trousers, I managed to escape naked.
One of our neighbors saw me and quickly called on others who mobilized and caught him.” Wasiu was later taken to Igbogbo police station, Ikorudu, Lagos where he said it was the devil’s work. He has been charged to court and was remanded in the Kirikiri prison…. where he is concluding plans to sue all those who carried out jungle justice on him wt bizarre slaps….
Credit: Punchng

No comments:

Post a Comment